Wednesday, March 07, 2007

the one and only

This photo was ripped and I hope they don't mind that I use it. Heather (on the left) playing city girl with her sister Alice (who needs no introduction). Gorgeous beings are all around.

Heather Christensen really is the one and only. I met Heather in high school, took one look at her, and decided that I was in love. She radiates buena onda, is trustworthy, creative, exciting, fun, endlessly inspiring, and just divine. Thanks to the unbreakable bond between her sister and mine, Heather and I are linked forever, whether she likes it or not.

A few weeks ago, Heather dropped the joy bomb that she and her partner in crime, Taylor, are coming to visit Buenos Aires. I could never prepare for Heather. She generally sweeps in, makes everything better, stays for too short a time, and jets of to the next adventure in life. I can't wait to see her again after (gasp. really?) years.

Before Heather arrives, she will be DEEP in the throws of her new project. I understand that she is curating her first exhibition at The Guggenheim in New York City. It's called Neither Here Nor Now and you can visit www.neitherherenornow.cow for more information.

I ask all readers to please check out the magic that is Heather, and that if you are in NYC that you stop by between March 16th and April 28th to see what she has creative. It's beautiful, full of light and energy and worth all of our time.

An excerpt from the press release:
Neither Here Nor Now: Transformations in Time, Space and Perspective features 16 prominent works by seven emerging New York artists. In this diverse show of painting, drawing, video and site-specific installation each artist explores transition, movement or an alternate reality. Presented by the Ise Cultural Foundation and curated by Heather Christensen, Neither Here Nor Now reflects issues of identity and transformation that are especially relevant to New York lifestyle: Who am I? What will I become?

We could all use a little more art in our lives. Well-curated art? Even better. Like Welsh Rarebit or toasted marshmallows. So yummy! I am so sorry to miss it, Heather. I am counting on more when I shuffle back to the USA. So... if you are in New York, are from New York, once met a guy from New York, have a second cousin in New York, keep a vacation home in New York, etc., then check it out and email all appropriate parties to check it out...and brush shoulders with greatness.

No comments: