Tuesday, March 20, 2007

cómo te quiero, changuito

So having suffered a week bout of general malaise and writer's block, I decided I would craft a meaningful post about my changito and being engaged and in love and all that bollocks - all in honor of our "fakaversary" which was yesterday. I crafted it thoroughly in my mind. It was a heartfelt post, funny but tender, touching all all the delicacies of finding someone to share your life with, however lame and Scrabble-filled your life may be.

Naturally, that little bastard beat me to it... again. His ode to our "healthy" relationship is posted today at One Sorry Blog. You gotta check it out. It's hilarious and better than anything I could say. It says it all, really.

I will say this. I do love the kid. I love that he doesn't let me win at Scrabble - ever (though I pretend to hate him for it). I love that he buys me the crossword on Sunday. I love that he makes fun of my "shows" then BEGS me to watch them. I love that he helps me make the bed sometimes. I love that he is almost entirely socially unacceptable. I love that he doesn't mind my panza gigante. I love that he lets me love him and he loves me back. I love having someone to scratch my back in the middle of this mosquito infestation.

The photo above is one of my favorites of us after a mosquito day in Colonia, Uruguay. Playing scrabble COVERED in lotion and trying, trying not to scratch.

2 comments:

Aliceinwndlrnd1 said...

Clarabelle,
Are you engaged? What is this madness!!
a
xoxo

clarabella said...

alice!! you are alive!! welcome to my blog!! yes i am "engaged" but the words "engaged" "fiance" and "wedding" are prohibited in this house, ya dig? it's gonna be mary and rog's house backyard barbeque style. sometime in the distant future. i'll keep ya posted. thanks for letting me borrow your sis. i will try and get her back in one piece. un beso GIGANTE,

xo
c