Wednesday, May 23, 2007

smarty pants

I need to give a major shout out to my friend Jenny Yusin (pictured here - picture ripped from her photo album) who just received her PhD from Emory University. Jenny graduated under particularly difficult circumstances, likely making her day even more bittersweet than it should have been. I just sit here, toiling away at my menial daily activities and work that seems menial now too in total awe of individuals who can commit themselves so gracefully to their studies - and moreover to the point that we all have to call them "doctor" afterwards. I am proud to know people like Jenny who fight uphill battles, are fiercely loyal friends, and still manage to quietly achieve greatness while it seems no one is looking. Congratulations, Jenny. I mean, Doctor Jenny. I cannot tell you how glad I am that she still watches Grey's Anatomy so that we can still interface on my lowly, earthly level. Never underestimate the power of the primetime love triangle to bring people together.

No comments: