Wednesday, May 16, 2007

ya estuvo

Time for a new post, and not just to save my little sister (our very own Network TV Slut) from further bouts of acid reflux from my Mother's Day post but because my finals are over at the UBA and I feel like blogging, chilling, eating oranges, and resting for a couple of days before classes start again (on Monday - shoot me now). This is the first time in a Spanish Exam that I felt I really kicked the ass of the oral exam and choked on the written test. Usually, it's the other way around and now I wonder what it all means.

In the meantime it's election hour here in Buenos Aires and the subte is filled with interesting, funny, and sometimes scary propaganda giving me a little more to look at during my daily commute to and from the UBA. Voting is obligatory here in BA and it always gives you pause as an American to wonder why shouldn't the most basic right of a citizen be a patriotic obligation? How different would the world be if the underrepresented minorities in the US including retirees and minorities were required to make their voice heard? How many lives could have been saved if our popular vote was inarguable? I hope more of us visit the polls next year - with the same passion and vigor that we use while frantically dialing to vote for our next American Idol.

Plus it's wintertime so I busted out my warm coat and have taken to making soup and drinking Emergen-C to stave off la gripa. Although these photos were taken in color, everything feels these days to be in black and white.

2 comments:

G said...

Hell yeah- today was the most colorless day of my life too, despite the clear, cold skies. I'm temporarily post exams too. Amen to Black and white sister.

clarabella said...

hola preciosa!!

tanto tiempo que no has hecho ningún comentario. buenvenidos de nuevo al blog, nena!! y no me escuches mal, también disfruto el blanco y negro y todos los sentimientos del invierno... nada más es un poco desnudo, todo.

gracias a dios que hayan terminado los examenes, ¿no? ¿celebramos este fin de grande?

te quiero

xo

c